Accepting Guest Posts for your blog? Here is what you ought to know
Okay so you run this blog where every day you receive hundreds of requests for guest article submissions. You may feel only positive comes from these guest posts but hold on! Are you in complete control of the blog and the business it generates? Even though you feel that your goals and vision will change over time, you ought to make a conscious decision to show the industry that you are in control of the quality of content displayed on your site. If that does not happen, your professional allies may not take you very seriously. The following article will offer tips on how to review SEO guest articles sent your way.
Guest posts are a great way to draw attention to your blog and offer new perspectives on a topic related to your blog. It even helps you post information on subjects that are away from your expertise. Also, if the guest author is promoting his/her content on the social media, you are getting publicity even without any effort.
Image Source: Pixabay
But accepting guest posts can be an easy way to lose your blog’s vision, especially if they are not relevant enough. While it is a good idea to publish content written by writers and sent by SEO professionals for links, you will need to follow a certain code and set guidelines to make sure that the guest bloggers do not sway you away by their writing. So carefully select the articles offered to you and don’t be afraid to say “No.” It is time you made sure you have your guidelines in place so that your blog does not go astray. Check out the following points for more clarity.
- Understand the Guest Writer’s Intention – It is necessary that you realize that there are times when the guest writer wants to publish his content on your blog as a means of search engine optimization. This is okay but you must be weary that the content is contextual and well-written. It must not have excessive links. It is your responsibility to check these as the blogger will seek ways to only benefit from your domain.
- Set Up Guidelines on the Website – This is highly important if you want to quality content coming your way. Create a webpage titled “Write for us” or “Guest Post guidelines” which mentions do’s and don’ts of writing. This will clearly define what you are looking for and what you will accept. Guest writers who can’t write according to your criteria should not attempt at all. Stick to your guidelines and remember that you have the authority to reject posts too.
- You Can Request the Author to Edit the Article as per Your Needs – It is better to clearly inform the writers well in advance that you hold right to make changes to their content. Always send back the articles that have major edits or grammatical errors. Inform them that you wish to make changes and see if it is agreeable.
- Continue to Publish In-House – In most cases, it is better to post in-house. You should do so more frequently than you take in guest articles. This practice will help you keep the blog on track and ensure that guest publishers have something to go off of while writing.
- Discuss with the In-House Bloggers – This may sound pretty obvious, but do not forget to chat with the resources working for you. These employees will have access to your blog so it is always better to let everyone know the guidelines and requirements.
In the end, what really matters is whether the type of articles you are presenting on your blog are consumable by your target audience or are they non-relevant for them. The above points will help you keep your blogs vision clear and the quality high.