Xolo has entered in the quad core smartphone market in India and recently released their first quad core smartphone Q800. It’s based on Media Tek quad core processor clocked at 1.2 GHz. Another good thing is that it has Jelly Bean OS out of the box. With good build quality and features this phone is easily available in the market around 12500 INR only.
Specifications of XOLO Q800
- Dimension 135.5 x 67 x 9.6 mm, weight 143.5 gm
- Display- 4.5 inch (11.43 cm) qHD (960X540) IPS capacitive touch screen, 16M colors, 5 point multi touch display with 245 ppi pixel density
- Processor- Media Tek MT6589 chipset, quad core 1.2 GHz, ARM Cortex-A7, GPU- PowerVR SGX544
- Operating System- Android OS v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Memory- 4 GB internal memory (1.74 GB user available), Micro SD card slot can take up to 32 GB, 1GB RAM
- Camera- 8 MP primary camera, Auto focus, touch focus, HDR mode and geo tagging supported, BSI sensor for good low light imaging, Video recording up to 1080p @30 fps, 1 MP front facing camera, Video up to 720p
- Connectivity- Dual SIM (mini SIM), GSM 850/900/1900 (SIM 1 & SIM 2), UMTS/HSPA- 900/2100 (SIM1) GPRS- yes, EDGE- yes, HSDPA- 21 Mbps, HSUPA- 5.76 Mbps, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, micro USB 2.0, Bluetooth v2.0, stereo FM Radio, GPS with A-GPS support.
- Sensors- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Proximity, Ambient light sensor
- Audio- 3.5 mm headphone jack, active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Battery- 2100 mAh Li-ion battery, Standby time- 360h (2G & 3G), Talk time 16h (2G) and 10h (3G), Web browsing- 4h (over 3G & Wi-Fi), Music playback- 22h (loud speaker) and 39h (using headset), Video playback time- 4.5h (internal speaker)
XOLO Q800 review
Display- It has a q-HD resolution display with decent ppi. Color reproduction is good and touch works good, 5 Home screen support.
Design- This phone has a good build quality, looks like higher range smartphones and comfortable for one hand operation. Back cover is made of plastic but rubberized finish looks great.
Performance- Quad core processor paired with 1GB of RAM and that performs very well. GPU performs well, you can play HD games with no any lag. Browser performance is silky smooth. It can play 1080p videos.
Battery performance is not good, it’s average as they have given 2100 mAh, You can get one full day back up with normal usage but for heavy usage it can only run 18 hrs.
Music playback is very good, sound quality is better on the headset they provided. Music player app is new and different and easy to operate. This is a good phone for music lovers.
It has the latest Android OS but the user interface has no any customization. Stock Android apps and widgets are available though you can install many apps and widgets from Play Store.
8 MP camera performs average. In day light pictures are sharp and clear and HDR works well. It can record videos up to 1080p @ 30fps so that’s good.
What we like : quad core processor, gaming performance, design and build quality, video as live wallpaper, Music playback
What we don’t like : Low user available internal memory, average battery backup, 5 point multi-touch (others providing 10 point)
Overall XOLO Q800 is a good quad core Android smartphone in an affordable range with dual SIM option. Considering the price range it is the budget quad core smartphone. This phone is cheaper than Canvas HD. Also it has some competitor in the market Karbonn S5 Titanium, Intex Aqua Wonder 2 etc. If you want a a quad core smartphone with good look and better music capability then have a look at it.