For the market of Windows Phone, Nokia is doing a great job. Last year they had lunched Some Lumia phone with Windows Phone 7.5 Mango OS. After that they are now releasing more Lumia phones with Windows Phone 8 OS. Recently they announced Lumia 520, which is a budget Windows Smartphone. It has dual core processor for seamless multitasking. Windows Phone OS has most fast and fluid user interface than any other OS till now in the market. Lumia 520 is announced on February, 2013 and it will be available in stores from April, 2013.
Full Specifications of Nokia Lumia 520
- Dimension 119.9 X 64 X 9.9 mm, Weight 124gm
- 2G (GSM 850/900/1800/1900) and 3G(850/1900/2100) network, Micro SIM
- GPRS- class B, EDGE 236.8 kbps, HSDPA 21.1 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- 4.0 inch 480X800 pixels IPS LCD display, 16 M colors, (233 ppi), Scratch resistance glass
- Microsoft Windows Phone 8 Operating System
- Qualcomm MSM8227 Chipset, Dual core 1GHz CPU, Adreno 305 GPU
- 5 MP primary camera, ¼” sensor size, geo tagging, 720p video recording, No front Camera
- 8 GB internal Storage, Micro SD card slot, Memory expandable upto 64 GB
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual band, Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, micro USB 2.0
- Accelerometer sensor, proximity sensor
- GPS with A-GPS support and GLONASS
- 1430 mAh Li-ion battery, up to 61 hours of music playback
- Talk time upto 14 h 40 min (2G) and 9 h 40 min (3G)
- Full microsoft office support
- Available in yellow, red, cyan, white and black colour.
With these specifications it is a very good Windows Phone device. It is packed up with all possible features for a low range smartphone. Also it gives to you 7 GB of Sky Drive storage so that’s great. This phone is priced arround 150 EUR ( Approx 10,000 to 12,000 Indian rupees).
- What we like : Dual core CPU, Scratch resistance glass, 64 GB memory expandability, Glonass Support, price.
- What we don’t like : No front camera
In low price no other can provide this type of Windows Smartphone. It is an affordable Windows Phone 8 device. There is another handset Lumia 620 which is slightly better than this. We will be coming back with more reviews. Stay tuned for more reviews.